Tuesday, June 06, 2006

An Impossible Review

As with last year, I'm not doing reviews of the latest season of Doctor Who.

Apart from the fact that I suspect I'd come across as distinctly grumpy, there are others out there in the blog world who are much better reviewers than I could ever be. Generally speaking, Simon seems to feel much the same as I do about each episode and expresses those feelings considerably more eruditely than I would, and Phil is equally good, even if I tend not to agree with him (he has, however, come over all lazy this year and isn't doing reviews of season 28 any time soon unfortunately).

To recap, therefore, this is not a review - but wasn't The Impossible Planet bloody excellent? Just simply bloody excellent.

That's all I have to say, but other decent bloggy reviews can be read here, there and everywhere.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger TimeWarden said...

I suspect, come poll time, the young uns 'll take the "Rise", while those who have travelled thro' time a little longer will be "Impossible"! ;)

It'll be just like the 1984 elections when the choice was "Resurrection" v "Androzani", save the winning director then has gone for the youth market this time around!!

6:19 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I still hold that Harper's direction was the only saving grace of "Rise"...

He was given a pretty horrible script to work with, really.

9:09 am  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

I don't know about Harper - RotC was competently directed (which is an improvement over incompetently scripted) but the directing in TIP was *much* better.

12:41 pm  
Blogger Jez Evans said...

I saw your thread on SFX and that is very generous of you. I look forward to reading the e-book.

Did you see the Dead Ringers Skit the Eccleston Dr said the Tennent Dr was "Jarvis Cocker in Outer Space" still good though.

8:02 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

Jez: "I saw your thread on SFX and that is very generous of you. I look forward to reading the e-book. "

What thread is that then? I don't think I've ever been on SFX :)

Jez: "the Tennent Dr was "Jarvis Cocker in Outer Space"

As good a summation as any, I'd have said...

9:39 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:12 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

Me: "What thread is that then? I don't think I've ever been on SFX :)"

Ah, I see - you want another blog entirely, Jez.

Ian Larkin's novella is available here.

10:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home