Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Cold Turkey, Who-style

Doing a count earlier this month, I figured out that I had read 28 Doctor Who books in the preceeding year (sadly, I have a spreadsheet). That's enough to get me stared at even in Doctor Who book circles.

With that in mind, and having just finished Nick Wallace's quite exceptional Fear Itself, I'm taking an extended break from TV tie-in fiction. Instead, I'm going to re-read the books which I've enjoyed most over the past thirty years - but only those books which no-one else I know of has read (unless I gave them it, of course).

With that in mind, I'm going to start reading Stanley Elkin's The Magic Kingdom tomorrow. Other books I intend to get to should include:

Last of the Just - Andre Schwartz-Bart
The Roaches Have no King- Daniel Evan Weiss
Lord of the Dance - Robin Lloyd-Jones

plus others as I think of them/come across them in boxes in my mum's attic.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Liddell said...

Don't forget to re-read 'The Beatle Man', its genius... ;-)

4:34 pm  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

I'm waiting for the deluxe, leather-bound autographed edition...

9:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home