Tuesday, March 08, 2005

'Take some sticky backed plastic'

Just been reading the excellent About Time 4, a guide to Doctor Who and was shocked to discover in it that the 'sticky backed plastic' mentioned all the time in 70s Blue Peter is not, as I've alway assumed, a special version of that doublesided sticky velcro stuff that you peel paper off each side of to get two things to stick, but plain and simple Sellotape (God, that's an overly long sentence).

I now feel a little stupid for never having figured that out before, but I'm comforted by the fact that it proves that Doctor Who can still be educational...

[LATER]

And now I feel even more stupid for believing those clowns Miles and Wood, authors of About Time. It turns out that sticky-backed plastic is exactly what I thought it was and has nothing to do with Sellotape which, now that I think about it, wasn't the type of thing used in Blue Peter. Thanks to Scott for pointing that out.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sticky backed plastic as used on blue peter WAS in fact sellotape.

1:51 am  
Blogger Stuart Douglas said...

See, I'd like to know for sure but not enough to actually watch Blue Peter and find out for myself...

10:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home